BUSINESS TALENT (PERMANENT) VISA (SUBCLASS 132)
This is a permanent residence visa which allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
You may be eligible for this visa if:
• you are less than 55 years old (exceptions apply) and have had an overall successful business career.
• you are nominated by a state or territory government
• you are invited to apply
• you and your family members meet health and character requirements
• you do not have a history of involvement in unacceptable business activities
• You have a genuine and realistic commitment to establish or participate in an Australian business
• You have a genuine and realistic commitment to maintain substantial ownership and involvement in that business
There are two streams (for more information in relation to each stream, see below):
1. The Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: for people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
2. The Significant Business History stream: for high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia
You must be nominated by a state or territory government. Each state or territory may have its own selection and application criteria in addition to Immigration’s criteria for this visa.
Tips: Visit the website of the state or territory you would like to be nominated by. Find the page relating to Business Talent visas. Read the criteria for that state / territory. If you meet the selection criteria – apply for nomination.
Expression of interest
Not only must you be nominated by a state or territory, you must be invited to apply for this visa.
To be considered for an invitation, you must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) via the Skillselect website.
You must indicate in your EOI which stream you are applying for.
The Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream
You have obtained venture capital funding from an Australian company of at least AUD 1 000 000 for
• the start-up, development or expansion of a high potential business in Australia; or
• the commercialisation of a product in Australia with high potential / value.
The Significant Business History stream
You are proposing to establish or participate in a business that the nominating State or Territory government agency has determined is of exceptional economic benefit to the State or Territory in which the agency is located.
You have had an overall successful business career.
You and your partner (either separately or together) had a net value of assets in a qualifying business or businesses in which you had an ownership interest of AUD 400 000 for 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you apply.
Your main business or businesses together had an annual turnour of at least AUD 3 000 000 for at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before the time of invitation to apply for the visa
You and your partners business and personal assets have a net value of at least AUD 1 500 000; and are available for transfer to Australia within 2 years after the grant of a Subclass 132 visa.