Child Visa to Australia

Child Visa to Australia (Subclass 101)

Children who have a parent who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, are able to live in Australia permanently on a Child Visa subclass 101 or 802. With this visa child can migrate to Australia as a permanent resident. Study and access Medicare. be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability.

Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

1. My child is under the age of 18. Can I apply on their behalf?
Ans: If your child is under the age of 18, a parent may apply for their child on their behalf
2. I have no yet entered Australia and want to sponsor my child. Can I do so?
Ans: Yes, you can still qualify to be an eligible sponsor parent if you entered Australia in the past but are outside of the country when the application was lodged.
3. What are my parental responsibilities if I am sponsoring my child?
Ans: If your child is under the age of 18 you must either, provide written consent from each person who is in the position to legally decide where the child lives, or the laws of the child’s home country that permits your child’s departure. Furthermore, this needs to be consistent with any Australian child order.
4. Who can be a sponsor?
Ans: An Australian citizen or permanent resident, older than 18 years of age.

Ask us questions?